MG Wing Zero Custom WIP 03 -The Battle is Damaged-
Nearing completion, the groundwork of battle damage has been set!
I tested out the stickers that came with the kit but they look nasty when applied because they stand out as a square sticker. I did however purchase the Wing Zero Ver. Ka decal sheet in my order. This was my first time applying wet decals and boy is it time consuming. The problem i had was i added them too early? while i was adding the battle damage almost half of the decals came off O_O what a waste #$%@! ive only dealt with dry decals prior and they stick well… ahhh lesson learned the hard way >_<;; -carrying on:
Scratched him up good. This time around i only used a metal file to add damage, then a black felt tip gundam marker to ink in the details and cotton swab for clean ups. Ignore pla plates added to right arm… i umm sniffed to much cement glue fumes and lost track of what i initially planned ^^;
Tried my best to give the dented corners look. Also added more grime/shading. With the sanded surface it was hard to control the paint and it ended up smearing frequently, needs clean up work which is a pain.
Now some detail shots:
As of posting this, Battle damaged wings are complete and buster rifle has been assembled and tossed in a garbage disposal unit… i mean given the battle damaged treatment, but will save for another post ^^
Also thanks to Chubbybots for sharing his Gunpla knowledge and recommending the coloring of black on blue/red and brown to yellow, i did that and the results were awesome ^^ i would have gone with just using silver/grey markers otherwise and that would have been messy.